30 October 2018
1. UN World Population Prospects, 2017
2. UN Population Division, Department of Economic Affairs, June 2017
3. UN World Population Prospects, 2015
4. Deloitte, Ageing Tigers, Hidden Dragons, September 2017
5. Pew Research Centre, Japan, November 2014
6. UN Population Division, Department of Economic Affairs, June 2017
7. UN World Population Prospects, 2017
8. Brookings Institution, the Unprecedented Expansion of the Global Middle Class, February 2017
9. Savings gap is described by the World Economic Forum as the estimated shortfall in pension saving. This has been calculated after analysing publicly available data on the level of funding of government-provided first pillar systems and public employee systems, the funding of employer-based systems, and the levels of individual pension savings. The aggregate level of savings across these has been compared to expectations of average annual retirement income needs and life expectancies.
10. World Economic Forum, We’ll Live to 100- how can we afford it? May 2017
11. McKinsey Global Institute, Urban world: The Global Consumer to watch, April 2016
12. McKinsey Global Institute, Urban world: The Global Consumer to watch, April 2016, AARP Media Sales with JD Power and Associates, The BOOMer report 2015, Sabi, May 2015
13. FAO, How to Feed the World in 2050, Oct 2009, OECD, Environmental Outlook to 2050, March 2012
14. Poultry Science, Zuidhof, Schneider, Corney, Korver and Robinson (2014); University of Alberta, Department of Agriculture, Food, and Nutritional Science
15. IMF, March 2016
16. UN World Urbanisation Prospects, 2018.
18. Oxford Economics and Fairlee (Kaufmann Index of Entrepreneurial Activity), 2013
19. Global Coalition of Ageing, June 2018
20. Bank of America Merrill Lynch. The Silver Dollar-Longevity Revolution Primer, June 2014, Euromonitor, Oxford Economics, NLIRI. The longevity economy encompasses both the economic activity that serves the needs of the 50+ global population, as well as directly purchased products and services and the knock-on economic activity that generates.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you invest. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
These materials are provided for information purposes only and are intended only for the person or entity to which it is sent.
These materials do not constitute a distribution, an offer or solicitation to engage the investment management services of Fidelity, or an offer to buy or sell or the solicitation of any offer to buy or sell any securities or investment product.
Fidelity makes no representations that the contents are appropriate for use in all locations or that the transactions or services discussed are available or appropriate for sale or use in all jurisdictions or countries or by all investors or counterparties.
Investors should also note that the views expressed may no longer be current and may have already been acted upon by Fidelity. They are valid only as of the date indicated and are subject to change without notice.
This material was created by Fidelity International. It must not be reproduced or circulated to any other party without prior permission of Fidelity.
This communication is not directed at, and must not be acted on by persons inside the United States and is otherwise only directed at persons residing in jurisdictions where the relevant funds are authorised for distribution or where no such authorisation is required. Fidelity is not authorised to manage or distribute investment funds or products in, or to provide investment management or advisory services to persons resident in, mainland China. All persons and entities accessing the information do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations and should consult their professional advisers.
This content may contain materials from third-parties which are supplied by companies that are not affiliated with any Fidelity entity (Third-Party Content). Fidelity has not been involved in the preparation, adoption or editing of such third-party materials and does not explicitly or implicitly endorse or approve such content.
Fidelity International refers to the group of companies which form the global investment management organisation that provides products and services in designated jurisdictions outside of North America Fidelity, Fidelity International, the Fidelity International logo and F symbol are trademarks of FIL Limited. Fidelity only offers information on products and services and does not provide investment advice personal recommendations based on individual circumstances.