A+rated by PRI
780+companies actively engaged per year
4,200+votes at shareholder meetings per year
A+ rated by PRI
We have been a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) since 2012.
We are proud of our ratings - in 2019 we scored A+ in all categories assessed by PRI.
Our ESG scorecard
|Module||2019 Fidelity Score||2019 Median||2018 Fidelity Score||2018 Median|
|Strategy & Governance||A+||A||A+||A|
|Listed Equity - Incorporation||A+||B||A+||B|
|Listed Equity - Active Ownership||A+||B||A+||B|
|Fixed Income - Corporate Non-Financial||A+||B||A+||B|
|Fixed Income - SSA||A+||B||A+||B|
|Fixed Income - Corporate Financial||A+||B||A+||B|
|Fixed Income - Securitised||A+||C||A+||C|
Source: PRI. Rating was assessed in 2019 by the PRI and was based on company data as at 31 December 2018. Range of ratings go from E to A+.
780+ companies actively engaged in 2018
In 2018, we engaged with more than 780 companies on issues such as governance and remuneration, board composition, capital structure and environment and social issues.
As significant investors in many companies, we believe it is our duty to encourage companies to act in the best interest of shareholders and our environment - for better investment outcomes for our clients.
We have engaged with companies on issues such as:
- Bribery and corruption
- Lack of board integrity and competence
- Misaligned remuneration
- Shareholder rights
- Data breaches/cyber security
- Corporate failings
- Climate change/risk
Voted at 4,200+ shareholder meetings
In 2018 we voted at more than 4,200 shareholder meetings, voting against management in nearly a third of cases to protect the rights of investors. For our full voting record, visit this page (https://www.fidelity.co.uk/about/voting-record).
ESG is part of our investment process
There are four important inputs into how we analyse ESG for each company that we research - our analysts, our specialist ESG team, external research and our portfolio managers who actively consider ESG in their investment decisions
- Around 200 analysts globallyAnalyst in-depth research of ESG issues
- External researchSustainalytics rating for every company covered
- Ongoing PM monitoringPortfolio managers analyze ESG factors
- Specialist ESG teamSpecialist ESG team at forefront of engagement, trends & issues
Contributing to global standards
We participate in the debate over the development of appropriate standards for responsible investment through our membership in various forums including:
- Asian Corporate Governance Association (ACGA)
- Corporate Governance Forum
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB)
- International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN)
- The Investor Forums (in both Japan and the UK)
- UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association (UKSIF)
- Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO)
In addition, we are signatories to the UK Stewardship Code and the Japanese Stewardship Code.